Thursday, January 1, 2009

Welcome to my blog!

I became head of Stoneleigh-Burnham School on July 1, 2008 and for as much work as I've been able to get done, there never seems to be enough time to interact with everyone in the school community. So my New Year's resolution has evolved...I will start a blog in order to share my thoughts and experiences with those who are interested, and I will hope that you'll use this as a means to share your reactions with me. I'll try to make an entry at least once a week.

As we moved into the winter break, a friend reminded me that this vacation will mark the first half of my first year as head of school - a shocking revelation! It seems like yesterday that I was sitting in the backyard of Coleman House with our newly formed administrative team, getting to know one another and making plans for the year. Of course, the work of schools is never done, and we all wish our vision could become reality faster than it does. However, I see much good work accomplished in these first six months, especially as I've had time this vacation to reflect on all that's passed.

If I had to choose one moment that encompasses these first months, it would be the October day when a junior wandered into my office to tell me, "It all feels very different, but it's a good different." I don't want to change everything, but I do want to take the school from one point in time and move it forward in positive ways.

3 comments:

  1. Congrats on your new blog, it's very exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Stoneleigh-Burnham!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Sally, what a great idea, a blog! You are right "a good different" is exactly what it feels like. Charli and I agree wholeheartedly. I love how accessible and fun you are and I always look forward to seeing you when I stop in at SBS. Let us know what you need from us parents to make your job even more rewarding and meaningful!

    ReplyDelete